Welcome to the M.V.A.S. forum. If you are an M.V.A.S. member, to gain access to members only boards, such as Club Announcements, Match Results and individual Water boards, ensure you have filled out your M.V.A.S. Membership number when registering an account, and set an avatar in your Profile after you've registered. For a Help Guide, click here.

Register a new account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
site security
Are we now increasing MVA's coffers by selling drugs?  I thought this new site was meant to be more secure than the previous one!  Never had these problems with the old site.  Maybe that's the reason there are only about a quarter of members on this new site - that and the difficulty on getting onto it in the first place!  It seems that the criminals have managed to hack in though.  These posts have been on for more than a day and no-one has noticed or done anything about it
(04-04-2017, 10:10 AM)Gerry Hunt Wrote: Are we now increasing MVA's coffers by selling drugs?  I thought this new site was meant to be more secure than the previous one!  Never had these problems with the old site.  Maybe that's the reason there are only about a quarter of members on this new site - that and the difficulty on getting onto it in the first place!  It seems that the criminals have managed to hack in though.  These posts have been on for more than a day and no-one has noticed or done anything about it

Gerry, I have sent an email via "Contact" and hopefully something will be done about this issue. The Website creators need to get the site "secure", which at present it is not.[Image: angry.png]
Jerry
I can asure you we are fully aware of these post going on the site and are trying to deal with them A.S.A.P. The main web builder is in france at the moment and has been made aware of these problems . He is due back at the end of this week and he will make the site secure as soon as possible . Please bare with us Pete
We've added a registration layer to prevent these posts, so that should be the end with them.

Bare in mind the website and the forums are two entirely separate entities (deliberately). The spam activity on the forum has no security relation to the website.

Jez
(04-04-2017, 10:10 AM)Gerry Hunt Wrote: Are we now increasing MVA's coffers by selling drugs?  I thought this new site was meant to be more secure than the previous one!  Never had these problems with the old site.  Maybe that's the reason there are only about a quarter of members on this new site - that and the difficulty on getting onto it in the first place!  It seems that the criminals have managed to hack in though.  These posts have been on for more than a day and no-one has noticed or done anything about it

(04-04-2017, 12:43 PM)steadyeddie Wrote:

Gerry, I have sent an email via "Contact" and hopefully something will be done about this issue. The Website creators need to get the site "secure", which at present it is not.[Image: angry.png]

Eddie & Gerry,

Thanks for your feedback, we've installed a security update which I hope will ease your concerns. Please contact me under 'website feedback' on the site's contact page (https://www.maidstonevictoryanglingsociety.com/contact/) if you have any further questions.